16 May Here’s the Thing(s) to Know When Hiring an SEO Firm
When it comes to generating leads online, there are many things to consider — all of which work together to improve your website’s search rankings. Choosing an SEO company to orchestrate these things for you is tricky. Bad SEO tactics can damage your rankings long after you’ve fired a bad SEO company.
So, here’s the thing(s) to know when hiring an SEO:
• Doing SEO the wrong way (AKA black hat) will do more harm to your good name and Google ranking than doing nothing at all.
• Your website and domain should be owned by you — never by your web company.
• Likewise, only you should control your Google Plus local listing.
• Your Google Maps and Yahoo! local listings should link to your primary domain — the one you were using before you met your web company.
• The phone number in your directory listings around the web should match what’s on your website — not a trackable phone number set up by a web company.
• No SEO company can promise page 1 results, unless they own Google. No SEO company owns Google.
Buried in information from website vendors? See why we’re the builder and SEO provider for 30+ companies.
Call DBD today for FREE CONSULTING to help you sort it out — 800-687-4599.